Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Kandinsky

Yesterday I went to the Guggenheim Museum to see the Kandinsky exhibition. All the times I've studied his work at school and uni, I never really liked him. Mainly because the only paintings they ever seem to show us are the four panels that supposedly represent the seasons that were commissioned by some rich guy for his foyer (sorry for the lack of proper info - I'm sure wikipedia can help with that). I can't say I enjoy those paintings at all. But this exhibition opened up a whole new colourful Kandinsky world for me! His works on paper?: Amazing! So cool, and still very modern even 80-odd years later! I highly recommend looking those pieces up. This time I actually wasn't allowed to take photos, so can't show you the paintings myself.

Today I'm off to High Line Park. Will tell you all about it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment